WHY I LIKE FOLK ART

There is something ultimately, decorative, feminine and complex about folk art. The shapes, stitch work, color, and overall feeling, whether it's a floral painted wall or lace from Alsace, France, reverberates with me.

Generally, there are no sharp edges. It is these rounded edges and motifs taken from natural elements that I like.

Additionally, there is a strong element of time. The time in which it takes to create a piece, is quite long. Which leads one to the idea that it was also a very interior type of work. This idea of decoration is familiar to my eyes. As if I recognize the shapes from another life.

Image source: hu.wikipedia.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands & Leaves as a Reminder to Play

Fling, a Drawing by Cynthia Mosser

Georges SEURAT'S Drawings